Pump HouseDallas, TX
The Turtle Creek Pump House is an industrial pump station converted into a residential garden and event space. The Pump Station originally supplied water to the Township of Highland Park in Dallas from 1924 to 1950. The property was then converted to a maintenance facility and ultimately purchased by the adjacent homeowner, who wished to preserve the site and structures. The Pump House is surrounded by native plantings and abundant water features including misters, spillways and fountains. Emily Summers Design Associates helped transform the interior space with the original industrial water pumps visible through glass inserts in the concrete flooring. An apartment above the gathering space, intended for visiting artists and performers, features new and vintage furnishings, custom designed quilts and a felt panel window system for privacy.